Try It, Make It, Love It: Vegetarian Cheesy Taco Pasta

Monday, January 29, 2018



Vegetarian friends do I have a treat for you. Literally. Well, literally if you make it yourself. I'm not handing out freebies... yet. ;)


Now before I dive into this super simple, easy-peazy, pasta dish, I am a person who does not cook. It's just me in my little apartment so sometimes my dinners will consist of cheese and crackers and sometimes I'll air-fry some shrimp and eat half a banana. I RARELY cook for myself, but when I do happen to scroll across some fun recipe that has like five or fewer ingredients involved my attention is captured. I will say for someone who cooks as rarely as I do, I think I am pretty good at taking a recipe, trying it, and it comes out very well. I have a gift, what can I say.

Enough about me lets move onto the VEGETARIAN CHEESY TACO PASTA recipe.

The cool thing about this is, originally, this wasn't a vegetarian meal. Thanks to yours truly I tweaked it a bit so I could indulge.

Ingredient Checklist: 

1 Box of large shells pasta (doesn't have to be shelled, pasta is pasta, but they are the closest noodle that looks like a taco shell)
1 package of Morning Star's Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup jarred salsa
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Do as your told:

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box and in a big enough pot to be able to hold all of the ingredients at a later point (that's important). Drain.
Cook the Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles according to the directions on the bag.
Add the taco seasoning to the Black Bean Crumbles, stir and cook just a tad longer to really submerge that flavor.
Add the pasta back into the pot with the salsa and cheese.
Add the Chipotle black bean crumbles while keeping the pot on a low temperature.
Stir to combine.
Serve immediately, preferably with crunchy tortilla chips and a side of attitude.

This made enough for me to indulge in 4 lunches and 2 dinners. So I think you could feed a family of four for the month of February since my portions are not the preferred amount. Pro Tip: It tastes better the day after because the flavors saturate one another.

Want more recipes like this? Be sure to let me know. I don't wanna post stuff that isn't relevant. I'm trying to graduate beyond irrelevancy, but I can't do it alone.



3 comments

  1. Yum! I make this with ground beef, but my son is not a fan. I will have to try it this way next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super yummy! I love pasta and I love tacos, so why not have them together?! This could definitely be veganized easily too! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo clever idea to use the black bean crumble for protein. sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.