January Blues? Travel Plans Are The Ultimate Tonic

Monday, January 22, 2018

Honestly, January can feel like a bit of a drag at times. Once the whole excitement of New Year's resolutions and goals has calmed down, you’re left with the prospect of gloomy weather and a daily routine you just can’t get back into. It’s the middle of January and I’m still fuddling with my regular routine. It’s tough. However, the motivation is still there and often we just need a little pick me up to get us all back on track. One thing I find that is really useful is to have some things to look forward to, and a trip away can be the ultimate tonic. So instead of feeling all blue, use your newfound motivation to get planning your next trip away. I wanted to share with you some of the things you could be thinking about right now, that will set you on your way for booking and counting down those days until you step on that plane.


 Eenie, meenie, minie moe, this is where we’re going to go


Step 1. Decide on where you might like to go on vacation. This is when getting you a nice warm drink (preferably with a kick of something else), sitting comfortably and taking a look online at some of the leading trip providers. My favorite tool is looking at online at travel blogs, or hint hint some of the articles I have shared on travel. Even Googling search terms like ‘the best beaches in such and such a place’ could highlight a destination you haven’t thought of before. It’s a great way to change your thought process to something more positive, and also helps you to decipher budgets and timescales for when you want to take that trip.

Brrrr! Cold weather? Daydream about the summer wardrobe by shopping online


Yes, you have my permission to shop online. Not like I was going to stop you anyways right? The cold weather and winter months often means we are stifled in turtleneck tops, thick sweaters, jeans and boots. This sort of style is very comfortable, but I think many of us long for the warmth on our skin and the chance to wear a pretty dress without the big winter coat and tights. So once you know where you are going and when, hit the online shops and browse the bikini sections. Even though we are in full flow of winter, many stores and brands are beginning to release some items for spring. Target sells swim suits starting in January. Looks like they’re caught with the blues as well. So you could snap up some of the latest trends before anyone else.

Think about some of the things you want to do while you are away


Plan your schedule and itinerary for your trip. Some like to take things as they come, but if you want to take advantage of trips and any sightseeing, then often booking ahead can save you money. You might also want to think about methods of money. Sometimes using a credit card abroad can be a little safer, so if you think you may want to apply, you might want to look into ways on how to raise credit score fast so you can be prepared in advance. Using an ATM abroad is also easier these days, so you could also consider ways to save your vacation funds and then draw out as and when you need to pay for things. Just be weary of those pesky ATM fees. Those suckers are sneaky.

If you are lucky enough, you may have the chance to go on more than one vacay this year so seeking inspiration from the mental bucket list could provide you with a worthy opportunity. Either way, I hope that planning for your next travel excursion has lifted your spirits this month.





6 comments

  1. Oh man I wish I could go away. Costa Rica is the plan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Costa Rica about two years ago and I have been dying to go back. I highly recommend the west coast and the town of Jaco! There is a lot to do and so many great view spots.

      Delete
  2. I need holiday T.T

    www.bigdreamerblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a trip to DisneyWorld coming up in February, and it is what is getting me through the days!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FAR OUT! Disney would always keep me motivated too. I think my mom are expected to go in February too! Disneyland though because I'm over here on the west coast haha.

      Delete

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.