Last Minute Travel Is The Move And Spontaneity Is The Groove

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Let’s say on the off chance you’ve finished a project early, and have a few sick days to spare? What better way to use them than by heading off on a last minute trip? “It’s too expensive says the little Buddha sittin’ on your shoulders. Ah ha, that is where you’re wrong. It is a common misconception that last minute travel can be expensive and hard to plan around. Not necessarily…




Use the Right Website


When you book last minute, it doesn’t mean that you have to with-go all of the thrills and the fancy stuff. If you use a resource like this Sydney hotel instant booking site, you can find some great deals on luxurious hotels at the last minute. So, take the time to find the best websites for your chosen location and don’t settle for less.

Book Flights at the Right Time

It might be a last minute vacation, but unless you have to book it like right now, this very second, try to book on a Tuesday or Sunday when discounted flights tend to be a lot easier to find. Honestly, even when you're trying to book a non-last minute vacation book on these days. 3:00 pm on Tuesdays and after 8:00pm on Sundays can be very promising sometimes.

Look at One-Way Tickets

Looking at one-way tickets is another way to potentially cut the costs of last minute travel. When you fly one way with one airline and back with another, it is often cheaper than paying for a round trip, and you might even find that you can travel in more luxury by doing this.

Talk to a Travel Agent

Talking to a travel agent might not seem like the done thing anymore, what with all the great deals you can find online and especially when time is of the essence, but if you’re planning to travel last minute and you have a limited time in which to do it, talking to a travel agent can be fruitful because they often have access to great deals that won’t show up on your typical websites. I kind of put travel agents in the same category as eyebrow threaders. I can pluck my eyebrows myself just as I can find cheap airfare on my own but I’d rather have someone else do it for me.

Go On a Magical Mystery Tour

I’m putting this here because I’ve always wanted to do it. Go to the airport, get the cheapest flight out of town and see where you end up.  How fun does that sound? That is the kind of spontaneous adventure I’m looking for. If you’re willing to take a risk and go wherever the wind (or the carrier) takes you, then you can get some really amazing deals due to the last minute nature of the flight.

Don’t Jump the Gun

It might be last minute, but try not to jump the gun and book the first seemingly good deal on that flight or the beautiful hotel room in Hong Kong that you find. Why? Because you might end up booking a flight only to find you can’t get a hotel room or vice versa. It’s tempting to jump right in, but you need to take the whole of your mini trip into account first.

Go Direct to Hotels

If you have your heart set on a particular place to stay, but it doesn’t appear to be available, pick up the phone and ask to talk to the manager. Quite often, they will be able to help you out with a room they’ve been withholding or which has been canceled for whatever reason, and you’ll be good to go. If there is one thing I learned in my 4-year hospitality degree is it that hotels would rather have a lower average daily rate (ADR) than lower occupancy rates. Call them and if they have anything available they would be willing to work with you on pricing.

Also, I am super serious about that magical mystery tour portion of this post. Like, if you're down, I'm down because life is about taking chances and I wanna be able to tell my granddogs about my experiences some day. 

Bon Voyage!






Daily Cup of JOJO is a part of some affiliate programs, meaning if you click and/or make a purchase from this site I may make a commission from it which I will use to buy unnecessary wall art, my Netflix subscription, and add to my scotch collection I haven’t started yet.

Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.