3 Reasons Why I'm Spending an Uncomfortable Amount on Workout Classes

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

fitness | gym memberships | spending money on the gym | choosing a gym membership | expensive workouts | gym budget | free gym classes | working out for free | high end work outs | #fitspo | #fitness | #gymlife

Let's talk about working out. Actually, let's talk about spending copious amounts of money on the gym. I'm ready to challenge some common financial advice that gym memberships should be one of the first expenses to get cut when you're trying to work on saving money or watching your spending. It makes sense at first, right? I mean, there are so many free fitness classes you can attend and try out, it doesn't financially make sense for you to keep up with a gym membership.

I beg to differ.



fitness | gym memberships | spending money on the gym | choosing a gym membership | expensive workouts | gym budget | free gym classes | working out for free | high end work outs | #fitspo | #fitness | #gymlife

I work out for the sole purpose of eating more. Okay okay, not for the sole purpose, but it is a big motivating factor of mine! Regardless of your reason to work out, if you have a physical goal and you're dedicated to meeting that goal, spending more on your fitness components will help you achieve that goal.

Don't cheat yourself and cancel your gym membership when finances get tough. As stated earlier, we know there are free classes going on, but you have nothing invested in those classes. It is easier for you to opt-out and even worse, not try. You’ll then develop bad work-out habits. I'm the first person who looks to cut unnecessary things out of my budget, but the cost of a gym membership will forever remain a priority of mine.


Here is why I think spending an ample amount of money on the gym is for the best...


Higher price points = higher chance in results.



1. You will feel obligated to go to the gym because you're spending SO DAMN MUCH.
People typically use things that cost them the most money. An expensive membership will ensure you get your butt to the gym and work out. If your current membership is cheap enough (or nonexistent) that you allow yourself to skip out on the working out, you're not spending enough. I have spent well over $100 a month on a gym membership and I was in the best shape of my life. As soon as I took it down to a $20 a month membership, or wanted to work out at home, I was not nearly as successful.

2. Can we talk about the amenities?
Amenities can be a huge deciding factor for a gym membership. The more you spend, the more you get. Some have water parks, private entrances, application processes and rock content studios for social media influencers, while others might have extremely detailed health benefits and one on one training. The amenities or health benefits are so much greater than the price you're paying.


3. High price point fitness facilities have standards to uphold.
Imagine a gym with no queues for machines, high-end equipment, and people to clean the equipment for you. That is the gym you get when you pay for your workout. Your gym will take care of you if you take care of it, financially. They want you to get the premier experience you deserve for the price point you're paying.


My fitness costs are painful, but they work. 




Any time I spend over $150 a month on a gym membership my confidence is boosted, my experience is 5-stars or beyond, and I feel healthier overall. It hits me in my wallet, but a little bonus is I don't have any more money to spend on food that is bad for me. YAY!



fitness | gym memberships | spending money on the gym | choosing a gym membership | expensive workouts | gym budget | free gym classes | working out for free | high end work outs | #fitspo | #fitness | #gymlife


3 comments

  1. Them believes altogether best suited. Every one of lesser areas ended up being built by lots of track record instruction. I like the necessary paperwork a good deal. K1 visa

    ReplyDelete

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.