Tools for Training for a Half Marathon

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Lately I've been training to run in a half marathon. I'm not actually running in one because that is expensive stuff BUT if I were I would totally be set on running in the Las Vegas Rock n' Roll marathon set for Nov. 23rd. Basically I am training myself to be able to run 13.1 miles by that Rock n' Roll marathon but I'm not actually running in it... 

Anyway, I've found a couple things to use  in order to make my training more enjoyable.  

Here is the work out plan I plan to follow unless I'm feeling really good and can keep going further that will be the only change I make. I plan on always running the minimum amount this chart says.

  
After that I have some Apps I've been using to help me track my progress. Lately, I've been using RunKeeper. It sends me reminders, uses my height and weight to determine calories, and tracks my speed/miles while in route. 


Since I'm running anyways I might as well make use of my time. As a motivator I use Charity Miles (app) which donates $0.25 for every mile I run to charity of my choice! www.Chairtymiles.org



Lastly I use the app Zombie Run Game to make my paths a little more interesting. It tells stories while your running and how you have to escape ten. Music is cool and all but sometimes you need to mix it up. It's $3.99 on the App Store but totally worth it.
Www.Zombierunname.com



Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.