The Dinner Thing

Saturday, August 30, 2014


I'm in college and I feel like I'm torn between two stereotypes:
1.) I can't wait to get away from my parents, I'm moving across the nation and I'll have all the freedom in the world
2.) I love spending time with my family, we do as much as possible together!

Fortunately,I'm not any of those stereotypes, and neither is my family. Sometimes it feels like 4 adults living under the same roof and sometimes it's a family reunion when we all have the same night off.
Soooo.... when we do have the same night off, it's almost like a mini celebration/catch-up reunion. We go out to dinner, sometimes we have our phones out, sometimes we have a really strong conversation going on.

Just a simple restaurant like outback, cafes at local hotels, local Mexican restaurants, and burger places. It's nice to catch up or even just talk. The waiters always seem to chime in on our conversations. I can think of a couple times when my brother was explaining the difference between a cheeze-it and a cheese nip, or we were talking about government systems, and then back to deciding if words are verbs or nouns. I'm pretty sure we know all the servers at the outback near my house.

We call it "the dinner thing" informally now.  If one of us feels like going out to eat then we just go out. Sometimes we plan ahead, and then others its spur of the moment.

Bonding with your parents is important. Ask them their opinions, plan something out, and listen to them when they talk to you.

All im saying is SIT DOWN WITH THE PEOPLE WHO RAISED YOU AND EAT A MEAL! Food brings everyone together anyways.

There are so many places you can go to:

  • Claim Jumper
  • Dennys
  • P.F. Changs
  • Olive Garden
  • TGI Fridays / Red Robin
  • Outback
  • MiMi's
  • Yardhouse
  • Any pizza place
There are so many topics:

  • school
  • work
  • technology
  • fashion
  • food
  • venting
  • verbs
  • nouns
  • languages
  • traveling
  • weddings
  • future paths
  • questions
Actually if you don't know how to start a conversation after those topics im labeling you socially awkward. #byefelicia


Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.