Abandoned

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

You only live once, right? I'm not just saying "YOLO" because it's a super popular yet totally annoying saying. I'm saying that because it's true. Unless you know of someone who has lived twice then I might want sir contact information, but anyways.....
I like to do things that give me a sense of adventure. I want to feel every feeling our human brains can possibly come up with. I feel like you can only come across those feelings if you let yourself see a sense of mystery. 
Lately, my boyfriend and I have acquired the taste of checking out abandoned buildings/properties/houses. It's kind of frowned upon and probably considered trespassing but it's wicked fun too. You don't actually have to go in them either but sometimes it's eeery just to drive by and look at them. Your mind comes up with this whole story in your head about who or what's inside. I typically do this in the day, but for an extreme thrill go at night.

I downloaded this app called "Abandoned" (abandonedapp.com), it's a couple dollars I believe and it shows you all the reported abandoned properties in the area your in. Some have information on why their abandoned and there might be some pictures too. It's kind of a fun thing to do when your traveling. Some people get out and stretch their legs, some people get out and scope out modern day ruins. 

I don't want you to think I'm some adrenaline junkie whose into totally twisted life experiences, I'm not. I'm probably the biggest scardy-cat you will ever meet. But I wrote down " Conquer a Fear" on my bucket list so that's what I'm in the process of doing. 

Even if you're not about looking at the property it's some fun and interesting history lessons for you to look at about the area surrounding you. You can even user report more abandoned places for creeps like me to venture out too!


Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.