Emoji Definitions You Never Knew

Friday, August 22, 2014


Ever wonder what Apple really names their emjois after? Sometimes I think I have a clue but I did some further research and found out I was so wrong.

Sleepy face  

What? Is he drooling? He doesn't have a nose, is this water coming from his invisible nose? Is it snot? I don't get it. Even if I did know this was a "sleepy" emoji why would I send a drooling emoji to someone? No, find another reason for this smiley face.
DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE

Disappointed but relieved face

He's still sweating which indicates he is definitely not relieved. Relieved means you're okay with whatever the outcome of the situation was, you're not still sweating about it. And disappointed yet relieved? Those are two conflicting emotions that do not coexist.




FACE WITH LOOK OF TRIUMPH

Face With the Look of Triumph

I don't see a crown on this guys head? There is no triumph in this photo. This is the face of a P.O. emoji. We send this when something doesn't go our way or were fed up... not "triumphant"


DIZZY FACE ASTONISHED FACE

Dizzy Face and Astonished Face

Literally the same thing, just the Astonished face has teeth. If I'm dizzy my mouth is not open. I'm probably more loopy than vocal and would see stars not "x's"


JAPANESE OGREJAPANESE GOBLIN

Japanese Ogre and Japanese Goblin 

Can someone please tell me when you use these emoji unless you have an inside joke or its Halloween? And why do they only offer Japanese creatures?


PILE OF POO

Pile of Poo

People always ask what this is, I am just confirming it is, in fact, a pile of poop.


VICTORY HAND

Victory Hand: 

I thought this was a peace sign? You know like how we would all "throw up the deuces" in our middle school photos. Boy, did we have it wrong. #WUT?


INFORMATION DESK PERSON

Information Desk Person

The most commonly used emoji I use is this one. I literally use it for every reason except "information desk." I make it seem like a "princess", " I know everything", "I'm perfect," emoji not "let me point you in the right direction" emoji.


WOMAN WITH BUNNY EARS

Woman with Bunny Ears: 

I'm pretty sure it is "WomEn with Bunny Ears" because there are two, but I'm not here to be a grammar Nazi. Why is this an emoji? I use it when I want to do something that means "OMG what a coincidence, we're twins" why would women wear bunny ears?

BUSTS IN SILHOUETTE

Busts in Silhouette 

Who needs this? There are no words. These guys don't even have busts.







DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.