Spring Fling: Fall In Love With Unconventional Hair Accessories

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

spring hair accessories, hair accessories, hair accessories fyi, hair accessories for women, hair updos for women, updo styles

Dear Spring,

I know you’ll be here before I know it…and although you are one of my favorite seasons, you deliver humidity so effortlessly. Love you, but love you from afar.

Do I enjoy the little breezes in the afternoon? Absolutely. Do I enjoy humidity that brings alive all of the little frizzies in my hair? Not so much.

Less is more in the springtime. We can hang up our parkas and bring out our Spring dresses. That being said, the last thing I want is to be using styling tools in the midst of April showers. Bring on the floral prints, chiffon tanks, and HUGE sunhats.

I'm taking this season into my own hands and focusing solely on updos and free-spirited hair so we both can thrive this time around. Time to nix the heat tools and focus solely on my natural hair options.

Sincerely,

Your Spring Fling Baby

Scarves, hairpins, and clips, OH MY! I love hair accessories just as much as the next person, but I think we forget about how conventional some other things are that can really bring an updo to life.

I'm here to bring some of those pieces to life to really help you (and me) succeed through the upcoming humid months! There are some fun hair accessories for Spring we can all explore!

1. Statement earrings

spring hair accessories, hair accessories, hair accessories fyi, hair accessories for women, hair updos for women, updo styles

Earrings always, always, always spice up any updo. I love wearing big statement earrings with a power ponytail, or a low bun.  Add a little poof over a center part for added volume and you have officially zhuzhed your hairstyle for the day.

It doesn't matter if you have long hair or short hair. I like to pair a high ponytail with long dangly earrings. It draws the eyes in a vertical manner, making your hair appear longer. 

2. Hair ties and I'm talking multiples

spring hair accessories, hair accessories, hair accessories fyi, hair accessories for women, hair updos for women, updo styles

I've noticed a trend called "bubbling" a lot recently. Although I have not attempted it I think this resembles the concept a bit. Do a little low side ponytail, keep adding in small elastic ponytails until you're all the way down to the end of your "tail." It's kind of a Rey from Star Wars vibe, but it works. Glam it up with a brooch or some braid rings and you have yourself a winning look to maintain in the springtime. 

Fun fact, this hair decal is actually a  brooch. You can seriously turn anything into a hair accessory. 

3. Tinsel Time

spring hair accessories, hair accessories, hair accessories fyi, hair accessories for women, hair updos for women, updo styles

I'm serving some realness today. Tinsel is not dead! It's actually really fun. I love putting tinsel in my hair for concerts and festivals. I don't like to take it out right away so when I go into work, ill throw it up in a bun or a braid and there are little glimpses of it throughout the look. It's like a better version of a mullet. Party on the outside, business on the inside... 

Hopefully, this was helpful for you to explore some upcoming spring updos and natural hairstyles. Let's not hold back our hair based solely on the weather. Let it thrive in any condition. What is your go-to style when frizz attacks or the weather isn't nice? 



spring hair accessories, hair accessories, hair accessories fyi, hair accessories for women, hair updos for women, updo styles

Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.