So, My Boyfriend Picked Out My Work Outfits For The Week

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

BOYFRIEND | OUTFITS | DRESSING UP | SELF ESTEEM | CONFIDENCE | BODY IMAGE | RELATIONSHIP

If I were to my style in one word, I would say 'spirited' would be a worthy fit. I appreciate trends, I also create my own, like the time I tried to make wearing a single stocking a thing. I adapt to any and all situations. Clothing is not something I fear, it is something I embrace. Vogue would put me through the wringer if they knew what I was about to say, but, there is no such thing as a fashion faux pas. Personality and individuality are what is "in" right now. And I don't see that going anywhere anytime soon. 


So, when I asked my boyfriend to select my outfits for a week, he looked at me quizzically, then accepted the challenge. (Probably because he knows I'll wear anything and make it my own.)


BOYFRIEND | OUTFITS | DRESSING UP | SELF ESTEEM | CONFIDENCE | BODY IMAGE | RELATIONSHIP


My boyfriend, Rob, is a simple man when it comes to clothes but he also knows what he's doing. He's not afraid to sport a V-neck, wear some colored chinos, but draws the line at short shorts, or occasionally a pair cargo shorts, but he draws the line at short-shorts and speedos.

Let's see what he had in store for me...


Day 1


BOYFRIEND | OUTFITS | DRESSING UP | SELF ESTEEM | CONFIDENCE | BODY IMAGE | RELATIONSHIP

As you can see I'm sporting a classy Loft brand combo. I'm not sure if Rob looked at the labels, but he was definitely attained full brand recognition here.

Rob paired a cute embellished white and gray striped 3/4 -length sleeve shirt with a pair of pleather olive green pants. As for the shoes, his explanation was very practical: "the black will accent the gray and the heels are the same color as the adornments on the shirt". Also, bless his heart, he didn't want me to wear too-high-of heels because he didn't want my feet to hurt.

He originally wanted me to wear converse, which I had to veto because that is absolutely not appropriate Monday office wear. Coming from a man who wears a uniform to work every day though, I wasn't surprised. 

Day 2




BOYFRIEND | OUTFITS | DRESSING UP | SELF ESTEEM | CONFIDENCE | BODY IMAGE | RELATIONSHIP

This was an office favorite (I had clued them in on the project at this point). A simple yet bold pattern print top from JCPenney's sale rack, black trouser pants from Ross, and flashy red high heeled boots from Payless. I have to say, this ensemble was a winner in my book. I am fond of the color combo. Fun fact: this outfit costs less than $30! Bargain!

He initially wanted me to wear my little red cowboy booties, but he...well, we... didn't like the look of the boots with the trousers. With just two minutes to spare before I had to leave for the office, he made a brilliantly stunning selection.

He's really good at picking up on my energy. I think he could tell I wasn't stoked about the boots, but I was SO ready to wear them for the day. What a guy ;) 


Day 3


BOYFRIEND | OUTFITS | DRESSING UP | SELF ESTEEM | CONFIDENCE | BODY IMAGE | RELATIONSHIP

I have to say, for this outfit being all black, it was a bold choice. I'm wearing an H&M silver studded top, with an Ann Taylor pencil skirt that has gold embellishments. He also picked out a rather sexy pair of heels (I think), but they looked cute and complimented the work outfit well.

My true thoughts here: I HATE mixing metals. I pick one for the day and stick with it, so this was definitely a bit of an internal struggle for me to wear silver up top and gold on bottom for the day. However, I received a lot of compliments on this ensemble. Be that as it may, just because this outfit was a hit at the office, you won't catch me mixing metals again haha. 


Day 4


BOYFRIEND | OUTFITS | DRESSING UP | SELF ESTEEM | CONFIDENCE | BODY IMAGE | RELATIONSHIP

It was Friday, so I mentioned I could be a tad more casual with my attire. Rob picked out a polo with my company name on it and jeans. When he saw my look of dismay he tried to reason with me by saying, "If the tables were turned, this project would be so easy because I have to wear a uniform every day. So, guess what? You get to wear a 'uniform' today." I think it was him taking the easy way out, but his reasoning was rational. and I accepted it.

I'm sporting an Adidas polo with my works name embroidered on the pocket, faded jeans from Charlotte Rousse, and gray flats. Simple. Casual. Friday.

A reoccurring conversation we had in the morning was how he didn't know what to pick because there were so many options (in comparison to what he works with on a daily basis). PSA to all the gents: this is why it takes more time for us ladies to get ready. We are overwhelmed with decisions. You know what happens when you ask us what we want to eat? Queue the-ever-so-popular Ryan Gosling in the Notebook meme.

This was a real eye-opening "experiment"... I was wearing outfits I wouldn't normally pick out for myself, so not only did I gain some wardrobe perspective, I realized I was confident in whatever he put on my back. I made it work with my own confidence.

Shoutout to Rob for always being such a good sport and letting him exploit our life. 



BOYFRIEND | OUTFITS | DRESSING UP | SELF ESTEEM | CONFIDENCE | BODY IMAGE | RELATIONSHIP

Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.