Pale & Porcelain: Make up for the Fair Skinned

Saturday, July 9, 2016


make up for pale skin | pale skin products | porcelain skin products | make up for white people


I have the trickiest time being outside. I burn after three minutes (SPF 70 in full effect), afterward, I am red for days on end and I don't even have a tan to show for my pain and suffering. Being a pale person is a really tough job.  People ask me if I'm tired when I am not wearing any makeup, or ask if I am sick when I forget to dab on some concealer. It is a constant struggle. THANKFULLY, the make-up queens are looking out for those of us that are translucent. 


In the past, when the Sephora sales clerk would ask if I need help with anything I would feel embarrassed asking for the whitest product they have. One time I was shown the lightest colored foundation they had and it was still too dark for my face. I guess they were out of -01 Snowfall matte compact foundation. That was definitely one of my prime pasty moments. 

Anyways, after years of trial and error I finally managed to find some products worth my time. 


1. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer

I use this to cover up the lovely bags under my eyes and red blemishes (or my entire cheek region).  It keeps my skin looking even and blends really well. Plus it is the smallest tube in the world and lasts forever! Bless Ipsy for sending me this because they truly have shown me the light… figuratively speaking.


2. Maybelline's Fit ME! Matte + Poreless foundation 112 Natural Ivory

I don't use this product every day because liquid foundation can become very heavy on my face, especially in the summer. I don't want my face dripping down my cheeks so I put it on sparingly, enough to create a nice base. It does appear to be streaky when it is applied but I don't let it fool me. Once it dries there are no streaks left behind.



3. Sephora's 23 Beige Natural Mattifying Compact Foundation

Matte is your friend as a pale person. It is a good thing matte is in because as a translucent I have become extremely comfortable with the idea. I use this overtop of the Maybelline's foundation so it does not make my skin look as if I frosted it with nude colored icing. By adding a light layer over top of my skin or foundation it does a really amiable job at blending together. 



4. NYX Nude to Me Ombre Blush (OB06)

The bronzing gods have blessed me with a powder that doesn't turn my face completely orange. This is a blush but I use it as a bronzer. This blends really smoothly with the other products on my face. I have to be careful to get a vert small amount on my brush though since it is a blush and not a bronzer. I don't want any streaks. On occasion, though I will use this for contouring. The warm brown tones set really nice on pale faces. 



5. Sephora Light Beam Baked Luminizer

The only thing I do not like about this product is the name. It's a highlighter; just call it what it is. Anyways, you're probably thinking the same thing I was when I was first introduced to highlighters. I glow on my own, why do I need this? It goes on sheer, easily blends and looks beautiful against the fairest skin.

No matter how ready for the morgue drawer you look, you can find makeup that will work. All I can really tell you is: don't let the store-front fluorescent light fool you. Go out into the sunlight and really figure out how you like the product on your face.  After a while, you will know what products work best on your skin tone and you will truly be the fairest of them all.





1 comment

  1. I would also add Bareminerals' lightest shade- I can wear it in the winter and don't look low I'm wearing a mask! Their cream concealer has a great pink orange tint that works wonders to combat blue undereye circles! Plus their get tinted moisturizing thing (why do they have such lomg complex names!) has spf 30, which is a win in my book. Great post!

    Kate
    Kate in the Classroom

    ReplyDelete

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.