Travel Hack: The Perfect Airport Accessory

Thursday, December 20, 2018

travel hack | air port accessories | airport tips | airport hacks | traveling tips | how to travel effectively | how to travel efficiently

This past weekend my family and I flew to Utah to attend Nana's Christmass party, which is always a ball. It was a super quick trip as we flew out Friday night and then flew back Sunday afternoon. Needless to say, I was living out of a stuffed personal item for those two days. 

I would typically keep my essentials (ID and boarding pass) in the outside front pocket of my backpack that I could reach behind and grab when needed but with all the Tetris-ing I had to do fitting in gifts to take up and take back plus pack for 9-degree weather, I wasn't going to put myself through my own version of hell to search for my ID while my underwear falls onto the ground. I'm telling you, this backpack was PACKED to the brim. If you're a budget traveler, I'm sure you've experienced the same thing.


travel hack | air port accessories | airport tips | airport hacks | traveling tips | how to travel effectively | how to travel efficiently

Before heading to the airport I grabbed my little black bag that I typically use for nightclubs and now gamedays (Go Knights Go!) and made that my essentials only pouch. 

This small bag really only fits my ID, credit card, some cash, a folded boarding pass and Chapstick (because no way is your girl running to her flight with dry lips!). You're probably thinking the last thing you need is something ELSE to worry about while you're bustling through TSA but seeing as its a crossbody bag, you really don't have to worry about it.


travel hack | air port accessories | airport tips | airport hacks | traveling tips | how to travel effectively | how to travel efficiently


It's a $3 bag I picked up from H&M during their Black Friday sale. The purse hardly fits my phone, but that's okay because I know me, and I know my phone is going to be in my hand the entire time.

This bag I found on Amazon is exactly what you would need for these purposes. 


All your essentials are kept in close proximity to you and don't even notice you have a body purse on you because there's hardly anything in there! I kid you not, I fell asleep on the plane ride with mine on. I didn't even take it off when I sat in my seat on the airplane, I actually forgot about it. I couldn't feel it. 


travel hack | air port accessories | airport tips | airport hacks | traveling tips | how to travel effectively | how to travel efficiently


The bag was so handy for me to easily slip in monies and papers. I didn't have to dig through anything if I wanted a snack or was asked for my boarding pass. 

This will definitely be a practice I adopt when it comes to traveling because I often find myself packing my weekender bag to the brim with all my other travel needs. Literally, everything is at the tip of my finger with a small cute little accessory crossbody bag. 


travel hack | air port accessories | airport tips | airport hacks | traveling tips | how to travel effectively | how to travel efficiently



So before you jet off for the holidays (or if you already have) be sure to raid your closet, borrow from a friend, or even go buy your own (mine was $3!) little bag to keep you sane during the airport during the holiday season. 



travel hack | air port accessories | airport tips | airport hacks | traveling tips | how to travel effectively | how to travel efficiently

7 comments

  1. Okay this is ACTUALLY genius! Thanks for sharing! x

    The Champagne Edit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom kept asking me why I wouldn't take my purse off and I was like "I dont even feel it!" haha

      Delete
  2. That bag is perfect! It really does fit all the essentials!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I cant believe it was only $3 too! Black Friday sales are GREAT!

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit! I had a tiny bag like that when I traveled to Mexico and it was so nice not to have a huge bag, but to have all my necessities handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a perfect travel day bag! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yotel, which likewise runs offices in Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport and London's Heathrow Airport, plans to open five airport hotels in Europe and the United States in the not so distant future.pet friendly hotels kansas city mo

    ReplyDelete

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.