Sweet Treats To Make This Spring When You're Too Poor To Go Out

Wednesday, April 25, 2018



In the Springtime we all seem to develop a craving for sweet things. Or if you’re me, it doesn’t matter what time of year it is. There is nothing more satisfying than reaching for an ice cream cone in 95-degree weather! In some places, that is considered summer, but in Vegas, 95 is a beautiful Spring day. 

I’m always looking forward to the next sweet treat I can get my hands on. My main problem is the last thing I want to do when it is hot is take a step outside. I tend to hermit myself in my apartment unless I'm going to another friends apartment so we can hermit together. The point being, if I want a sweet treat this season, I'll end up making it myself rather than going out to get it. 

Homemade Ice cream can only please so many people so here are some additional options of frozen treats you can make straight from your kitchen! 

Frozen Yogurt

Frozen yogurt is one of the most beloved treats for people all over the world at this time of year, and if your significant other is on some health kick this week, it is a great alternative to ice cream. I love froyo because of all of the topping options, but frozen yogurt places NEVER seem to have Maple Syrup. This tastes so good with some peaches and graham crackers. I don’t want anyone to call me basic ever again. I wouldn’t put it past me to bring in my maple syrup into a froyo bar, but instead, I’ll save my friends the embarrassment and dish up my batch of frozen yogurt this Spring. I’ve been looking aYogurt Nerd's buying guide on how to make my yogurt from scratch. After that, all I need to do is add my flavoring (typically vanilla or a mango flavor of sorts), freeze the mixture in a tub overnight and hey presto!!

Ice Cream 

You scream, I scream, we all want Ice cream. Flashback to third grade when your science experiment my was “Make Homemade Ice-cream,” and how you took that project for granted at that moment in time because now all you want is a drizzling cone but your UberEats app isn’t loading. Looks like its time to head back to third grade and make it from scratch. It might seem like a difficult item to make, but it can be created with just three ingredients: double cream, custard, and your chosen flavoring. Start off by mixing 500ml of custard with 300ml cream. Once you have this in a bowl, you can add melted chocolate, toffee sauce, maple syrup, vanilla pods or any other flavor you choose. Pop this into a tub overnight, and you will have delicious ice cream ready to go!

Freakshakes

The Freakshake seems to be the latest Internet trend sweeping the world. A freakshake is like a milkshake on steroids. It houses a regular milkshake in a glass or jar and is topped with items like whipped cream, donuts, cake, brownies and more. Now, I’m in no position to spend $20 on a Freakshake, so if this is happening, this is happening at home. I’d go with a vanilla or chocolate ice cream base, add in brownie bits or cake bites and top it off with a slice of cheesecake.  It is an amazing treat, which can personalize in any way, and it can be as big or small as you want it to be. If you are due a cheat day from your summer diet, this is the ultimate sweet treat to enjoy!

Snow Cones

Snow cones are a fun dessert to enjoy on a hot Spring day, and they are simple to make with anybody around. I love snow cones as much as the next person, but I cant say I have the energy to drive and get one. It’s too hot for me to go outside, so I’ll make them in my apartment.  All you need is some crushed ice and syrup of your choice (not maple syrup, trust me the two DO NOT mix), and you have an instant treat ready to go! You can buy a snow cone maker online for a reasonable price, crush the ice yourself, or just hit the “crush button” on your robot fridge and have fun making a refreshing treat on a hot day.

Ice Lollies

No, it’s not a water pop. Ice lollies are a fun type of treat to create in the Springtime, and they can come in any flavor you want. You can have fruity flavors, ice cream filled lollies and lots more, they are easy to make and are super satisfying to eat! You can mix all your different favorite flavors of Kool-Aid into one popsicle. A fun example is a five flavor rainbow pop. Start off with making five different fruit juice flavors: blackcurrant cordialorange juice, strawberry juice, lemonade and lime cordial. You can use food coloring to enhance each color and then start creating your lolly! Fill your ice lolly mold with one flavor, let it freeze and repeat. Soon you’ll have a fun, rainbow-colored treat to enjoy. Disclosure: This process can take several hours with the freezing, but you know what they say, work hard, freeze hard.



DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.