An Open Thank You Letter To The Boss That Keeps It 100

Monday, June 5, 2017



Dear Badass Boss,

First of all, I appreciate you. I probably do not tell you this enough, but you are a fantastic human being. I think your work is a little under appreciated and I just want you to know how grateful I am for your existence. Coming from a subordinates perspective, I want to say thank you for actually getting it. 

First off, thanks for hiring me. I know I told you I would like to work here because I align with the company values but honestly, I just really enjoy being a foodie and I need a paycheck to make that happen. I later found out that was one of your hobbies as well and the reason you put up with my shenanigans.

Thank you for working smarter not harder. You are always making changes for the greater good, and as a staff member, I'm grateful you knowing how to do your job. Tell your boss that I'm personally complimenting you because they hired a good one.

Thanks for teaching me to be a better employee and not a classic asshole. I am now familiar with regular work courtesies, and that is something they neglect to teach us in the classroom. Real world experience pays off. 

Thanks for emailing all the people I don't want to email. An occasional "chill out" email is much appreciated by your team when unnecessary sass was headed our way. You're a solid backbone.


Thank you for understanding I'd rather send you a text than get up from my chair and ask you in person because there is a certain level of laziness I'm aspiring to achieve.

Thank you for always approving my time off. Life is short, and I'm not trying to wait until I retire to see the world. You get that.

Thank you for making work a place I didn't dread going to. Somehow I found comfort in waking up at the crack of dawn to fulfill requests from people I've never met, but your relaxed attitude gave me some piece of mind. 


Thanks for providing an open ear. I know I complain a lot, but I'd rather complain to you about all the nonsense than go off on someone I'm not supposed to. Seriously, not all heroes wear capes. 

Thank you for not saying anything when I'd come in late. I think we had an unstated agreement that as long as I was there before you arrived, all was well. Or maybe that was just all in my head.

Thanks for editing all of my HR emails. Whenever I had to send an important e-mail, I would second guess my wording until the cows come home, but you were there to reassure me that I didn't need to sound like an encyclopedia to get my point across. Thanks for keeping it basic.

Thank you for being my solid support system. You understood that I had an ambitious soul, would eventually move onto something bigger and you never held me back. You would only let me leave if the money was better though. I'm glad you were looking out for my financials like that. 


Essentially, I wanted to thank you for all the experiences you provided me and for allowing me to grow as a team member and an individual within your department. I know it wasn't always easy, but it was always fun. Thanks for always keeping it 100 with me. 





Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.