An Open Thank You Letter to My Uber Drivers

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Dear past, present, and future Uber drivers,



I think your work is a little under appreciated and I just want you all to know how grateful I am for your existence. I feel like people just look at you like you're public transportation, but you come in a clutch way more often than any taxi cab or Stagecoach bus would. Coming from a millennial perspective, I want to say thank you for actually getting it. 

Thank you for understanding the easiest way for me to contact you is through an app. Additionally, thank you for making that app completely foolproof, so when the words look a little fuzzy after a happy hour, I can still get a ride home. 


Thank you for allowing me to pay by card because Lord knows I do not have any cash on me.... like ever.


Thank you for offering up REAL advice about the city or town I am in. A local’s perspective is way more informative than any travel website would be able to offer.


Then again, thank you for not saying a word the entire ride. Legitimately nothing better than an Uber driver who doesn't mind driving in silence. #5Stars

I'm sorry you have to put up with loud, obnoxious girls that Snapchat every move they make but, thank you for being a good sport and going along with our ridiculousness. 


Can I just say, thank you for only being (literally) 5 minutes away? #Blessup


TY for having an air freshener on your vent. Especially the cotton clean kind. I LOVE THE SMELL OF LAUNDRY. 

Thanks for allowing me to see who is picking me up and in what kind of car. It allows me to mentally prepare myself and prejudge who I am getting in the car with.


Oh, and thanks for driving around the block three to five times because I gave you the wrong address. I have no sense of direction. 


High five to the guys that said "we should have a split fare option" because they all know we are broke as hell. 


Thanks for putting up with all the crap and looks taxi drivers give you. Don't let the haters break you down.


I also think it's great you are ready and available at 4:00 p.m. and then again at 4:00 a.m. (I know... I'm a mess)



Just know that your work does not go unnoticed. You're the best friend I just met because you probably know my whole life story by now (Sorry, I needed to break the awkward silence). Thanks for being my late night call and I'll probably see you again very soon.


Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.