The Target Rule You Need to Implement NOW If You Want To Save Yourself Time And Money

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Target Shopping | Target Hacks | Target Shopping Tricks | Target Tricks | Target Shopping Hacks
Image from Target Corporate 

Ahh, Target. Sweet, costly, time-consuming, has everything I never knew I needed, Target. Target is the mother of all superstores and we are all suckers to Target's marketing strategy.


Expect more, pay less. I do expect more, but overall I do not pay less.

AKA - Buy Everything. 

We have all gone to target with a list or maybe for one simple thing an come out spending copious amounts of money on who knows what. We have ALL been there. I don't care what your gender, race, culture, size, or age is.


I can't do it anymore. My bank account can't take it, nor can my will power. Their marketing strategies are just SO on par with everyone it seems like. We all get Target trapped.

These bigtime market stores like Walmart and Target are so good at captivating the consumer's eye that we forget what we came to the supercenter for in the first place. 


Target Shopping | Target Hacks | Target Shopping Tricks | Target Tricks | Target Shopping Hacks


For example, I forgot to pack a sports bra in my gym bag and the closest store to the gym that would carry sports bras was Target. I took a deep breath and went in. GREAT NEWS. I found a sports bra... as well as some socks, hoop earrings, and a fanny pack. Oh, and I missed my gym class. Like what is wrong with me? Have I lost ALL will power? 

I had to do something about this.


Target Shopping | Target Hacks | Target Shopping Tricks | Target Tricks | Target Shopping Hacks
Image from Today.com


I developed a Target Run Rule to save me money and time.

Guys, this is law at this point in my life. How am I supposed to save for a house or my Range Rover if I keep spending money on throw pillows and mugs with fun sayings?!

So what's my target run rule to save money?

I only allow myself to go to Target if I need 3 or more things.

That's right. 

Chances are if I go to Target, for one thing, makeup wipes, for example, I'll spend 45 minutes in the store and come out with eyeliner, nail polish, vitamins, a printer, and no makeup wipes because I was distracted by the $5 wine bottle selection they had. It's a problem I can no longer endure anymore.

I might spend more money at a CVS or drugstore for my makeup wipes, but ill spend less time and less money overall by taking myself to a corner store than a Target. 

If I need laundry detergent and Dishwasher detergent. Guess what looks like I'm spending $30 at a convenience store in order to get them.


Target Shopping | Target Hacks | Target Shopping Tricks | Target Tricks | Target Shopping Hacks
Image by Forbes

Because I know prices are higher at these small convenience stores. I know better than to walk around and pick up pens, candy, and a years supply of hairspray, like how I would do at Target. 

I'm desperate to know your department store and supercenter store tips. For the sake of all of our bank accounts, let's chat below in the comments. 




Target Shopping | Target Hacks | Target Shopping Tricks | Target Tricks | Target Shopping Hacks


Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.