Don't Let That Summer Glow Go to Waste: Keep It With These Healthy Foods

Sunday, August 7, 2016

If you’ve spent any amount of time on my blog you have probably noticed that I am a face fanatic. I love make-up, facemasks, lotions, and pretty much any beauty product. Some are good, some are GREAT, but beauty is not just about what you put on your face though. What you put IN your body is far more important than what you put ON your body. Sticking to a healthy diet filled with proteins, antioxidants and vegetables will help keep your skin clear and glowing!



Certain foods provide different nutrients for your body to feed off of. Keeping a nice balance between different super foods will be highly rewarding for you. Keep your summer glow by eating these healthy foods:

They taste like candy. What more could you ask for? They provide numerous liver and kidney benefits. Why is this important? Aside from the fact you need both to be alive, they also help your body expel toxins. There is betaine in Goji berries which is used by the liver in order to rid the body of unnecessary waste.

The ultimate study week drink. As a natural energy booster and stress reducer, this tea is great for keeping inflammation down in your body. Ultimately, I love Matcha green tea. I like it mostly because it is a thicker consistency than regular tea and the natural energy boosting nutrients are a great substitute for coffee in the morning. It tastes great with almond milk and honey!

Walnuts
I don’t eat these too often because they leave my mouth feeling all tingly but the nutrients they provide are worth the trouble! Full of omega-3s and fatty acids they are a great source of biotin as well. What does all of that mean? I didn’t know either. Basically, walnuts are great for your growing healthy hair and nails. Biotin is a nutrient needed for reduced hair loss and breakage. No more dead ends!  

Chocolate that’s healthy?! I know, I thought it was too good to be true as well. I will admit these are not great by themselves but they have so much potential in recipes. These help trick the brain into releasing neurotransmitters that can trigger feel-good hormones. One of those neurotransmitters released is phenylethylamine, which releases endorphins.  Endorphins make you happy!



Want to look younger longer? Since chia seeds are so rich in anti-oxidants they have been known to speed up the skin repair system in your body. Chia seeds are a preventative measure to premature aging.Throw a couple chia seeds in your smoothie in the morning because they will provide an energy boost to the start of your day and fill you up. 

Spinach and Kale
Clearly you need some greens in your life! I will not lie to you. Kale is probably my least favorite green out there. If you can find a way to put it in a juice of some sort, that will be your best bet in digesting it. Kale is one of the most abundant sources of beta-carotene. Essentially, it will protect against UV damage. With the summer months being as hot as they are, I suggest you get yourself into the habit of eating kale regularly. Spinach, on the other hand, I will literally eat raw. I love spinach salads, spinach on my sandwiches, and in my eggs

Really tune into what your body is telling you. If you find yourself craving sugar, your body is lacking something and thinks it can get it from sugar. It is in your best interest to look up alternatives. I like using those nifty Pinterest charts that say “Craving this, eat that.”




You can check out my Pinterest board “Vegan Lifestyle forDummies” for more recipes and tips.





1 comment

  1. Great post! Thank you for sharing this! It's so hard to find all of this info in one place and then I forget to add these things to my diet.

    ReplyDelete

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.