An Awful Realization With An Accomplishing Outcome

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Over the summer I realized something; something awful but insanely accomplishing at the same time. I realized this was my last summer. Not in life, I understand the seasons come and go, but school semesters don't last forever. This was my final summer between school years. Now, I am responsible for working a job that gives me a week of paid vacation every year until I earn something more. How depressing is that? Not that I had so much freedom between working part time, having an internship and being an officer in my sorority, but that was fun to have that feeling of freedom.
I refused to take summer classes because I wanted to travel and wanted as little as possible from holding me back. Then again, I've never taken a summer class in my life, but if I had, it would have never happened this past summer.
I dabbled in some traveling. I went to Indiana and had the most amazing Greek life experience ever at a leadership training called UIFI. I went to Wisconsin to spend 4th of July with real fire works and family. I went to California with my boyfriend and had a theme park adventure from Six flags, to Universal Studios, to Disneyland. I can't complain about my summer travels, but I can aspire to do more.

With only five days a year for the next couple years, I need to be real selective about where I want to go and what I want to do. Unless I just move to Australia where apparently they start off with a month's worth of holidays. Thus I have created a Travel Bucket List, a TBL if you will.

  1. Go to Ireland for St. Patrick's Day
  2. Be a Yacht Week Attendee
  3. Bay to Breakers 12K
  4. Thailand Full Moon Party
  5. Carnival - Rio De Janeiro - Brazil
  6. Mardi Gras - New Orleans
  7. Burning Man
  8. Oktoberfest - Munich, Germany
  9. Attend a World Cup
  10. Tunnels Beach on North Shore Hawaii
  11. New Years in Jost van Dyke, Caribbean
  12. Eat Ceviche in Peru




I plan to make this a permanent list and hang it up somewhere. I want to get a canvas and paint each item onto it, so I have some motivation and don't lose track of my goals. I think it's important to look at something every day if you want to work towards it.


What's on your travel bucket list? Share below!


Post a Comment

DAILYCUPOFJOJO © . Design by Berenica Designs.